The Sailing Home stamp set from Stampin’ Up! makes such a perfect masculine birthday card!
Who doesn’t love a lighthouse? Every lighthouse I’ve seen is located in a beautiful location, and they serve such a magnificent purpose. I am hoping this Masculine Birthday Card using elements of the Sailing Home stamp set from Stampin’ Up! evokes the feelings of the calm from the lighthouse beacon and a compass directing you to your destination.
The Sailing Home stamp set, the Smooth Sailing dies, and Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper can be found on pages 144-146 in the 2019-2020 Stampin’ Up! annual catalog, however, they can be purchased individually or as a bundle and save 10% — gotta love that deal! You can check them out in my ONLINE STORE.
I love how all the elements of the card (lighthouse, compass, sailboat, birds) come together.
Check out the neat Reef Knot (square knot) made with the Braided Linen Trim. Be sure to watch my video, below, to learn just how easy it is to make this knot.
Don’t you love the compass needle made with Silver Foil, it adds that touch of bling that every card needs.
- Night of Navy cardstock (base card) 4-1/4″ x 11″; score at 5-1/2″
- Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (DSP) 2″ x 5-1/2″
- Whisper White cardstock (layer under DSP) 2-1/8″ x 5-1/2″
- Real Red cardstock 3″ x 4-1/4″, die-cut with Stitched Rectangles dies
- Whisper White cardstock 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″, stamp compass and punch with 1-1/2″ circle die
- Silver Foil paper scrap to die-cut compass needle
- Whisper White cardstock (inside of card) 3-3/4″ x 5″
If you do not see my video below, click here: Watch on YouTube
Have a question or comment? I would love to hear them!