Even though we often need them, creating a heartfelt sympathy card can be very difficult. It does not matter whether it is for a loved one or a casual friend; they become a necessary part of our card making repertoire.
Wanting to design a card that was not only easy to replicate, but timeless, and thought-provoking, the Love of Leaves bundle, came to mind. With minimal stamping and the simplicity of a single leaf, this card ultimately expresses heartfelt sympathy.
I am hopeful the recipient will appreciate the calmness this card portrays and the thoughts of nature. When the time comes, and you require a sympathy card, I hope this will come to mind, and you too will create one.
- THICK Whisper White cardstock (card base) — 4-1/4″ x 11″; score and fold at 5-1/2″
- Gold Foil Sheet (1st layer) — 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White cardstock (2nd layer) — 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″ – emboss the sentiment with Gold Embossing powder
- Gold Foil Sheet (3rd layer) — 2-5/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Whisper White cardstock (4th layer) — 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″ – die-cut with the stitched leaf die
- Gold Foil Sheet — 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″ – embossed with leaf die and place under the “4th layer” piece of Whisper White cardstock
If you do not see my video, please click here to watch on YouTube.