Do you struggle with creating masculine birthday cards? I know this is a common complaint. I have that same difficulty. However, the planning of this masculine birthday card came together quite quickly.
As I had not made a masculine card for quite some time, I was a little apprehensive. In particular, I wanted my masculine birthday card to have a high contrast of colors, a repetition of design, a Stitched So Sweetly die, and a subtle Elegant Faceted gem. So, I gathered my supplies, and much to my surprise, the card almost designed itself. I especially like the pop of color the Cajun Craze cardstock adds.
To provide a little continuity and additional interest to the inside of the card, I added a small strip of the In Good Taste DSP, with a smaller border of Basic Black cardstock. Don’t forget that decorating the inside of your card provides a more cohesive look.
- Basic Black cardstock (card base) — 4-1/4″ x 11″; score and fold at 5-1/2″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (1st layer) — 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Banners — Gray Granite cardstock 7/8″ x 4-1/4″; Basic Black cardstock 3/4″ x 4-1/4″; Whisper White cardstock 1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Cajun Craze cardstock (2nd layer) — 2-3/4″ x 4″ (die-cut with Stitched So Sweetly dies)
- Whisper White THICK cardstock (3rd layer) — 2″ x 3-1/8″ (stamp with tree image)
- Whisper White THICK cardstock (inside of card) — 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black cardstock (inside of card) — 5/8″ x 4″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (inside of card) — 1/2″ x 4″
If you do not see my video, please click here to watch on YouTube.