Let’s make a beautiful Poinsettia card!
I love Poinsettias; it’s just that simple. It doesn’t matter what color the bracts (modified leaves) are; white, pink, red to purple, yellow, orange, or salmon. I love them all! Every year I look forward to finding them in the store, purchasing them, and bringing them home with me. They just make me smile.
Isn’t it amazing how the use of the Ornate Layer dies, Scripty 3D embossing folder, and Poinsettia dies really add to the overall look of the card? Such small little touches, however, they really change what could be an average card into something beautiful. Are you adding die cuts and embossing folders to your cards?
- THICK Whisper White cardstock (base card) — 4-1/4″ x 11″; score and fold at 51/2″
- Whisper White cardstock (1st layer) — 4″ x 5-1/4″ (emboss with Scripty 3D embossing folder)
- Mossy Meadow cardstock (2nd layer) — 2-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ (die-cut with Ornate Layers die)
- Whisper White cardstock (3rd layer) — 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ (stamp “Merry Christmas” and die-cut with Ornate Layers die)
- Whisper White cardstock — 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ (stamp the flower and leaves then die-cut with Poinsettia die)
- Mossy Meadow cardstock — 1-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ (die-cut with Ornate Layers die)
If you do not see my video, please click here to watch on YouTube.