Let’s make a Simply Thankful card. Sometimes we just need to stop and take the time to be thankful for all the good things. With everything that is currently going on in the world, being thankful can be difficult. However, if we take a moment and ponder the small blessings that touch our lives every day, we can become simply thankful.
I am so looking forward to Autumn and all the beautiful colors of that season. For this card, I used Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, and Bumblebee inks from Stampin’ Up! I also used the Rooted in Nature and Country Home stamp sets and the Ornate Frames and Nature’s Root dies.
When I first started on my card making journey, I never decorated the inside of my cards. Despite that misstep, I have learned just as in life, that often the inside is much more important. We choose the right sentiment, write the heartfelt message, and add a little something to reflect the front of our card. These steps make our cards more memorable and often touch the hearts of our recipients.
- Basic Black (card base) — 4-1/4″ x 11″; score and fold at 5-1/2″
- Very Vanilla (1st layer) — 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic Black (2nd layer) — 5/8″ x 5-1/4″
- Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow, Bumble Bee (scraps) — die cut with Ornate Frames die
- Very Vanilla (scraps) — stamp leaves — die cut with Nature’s Root die
- Very Vanilla (inside) — 4″ x 5-1/4″
If you do not see my video, please click here to watch on YouTube.